Trends is printed on coated stock at 150 line screen. It is printed using SWOP coated standards with a 20% dot gain. A maximum of 300% total ink saturation, and no UCA or GCR is recommended. Trends accepts only Macintosh digital files. All ads must include a laser proof or a mailed color proof. Set your files up as follows:
- Quark: include all placed graphics and fonts (printer and screen): or export as a high res (print quality) pdf
- InDesign: include all placed graphics and fonts (printer and screen)
- Illustrator: include all placed graphics, turn all text to paths. Any colors must be trapped and set to separate for spot color, or CMYK for composite color output.
- Photoshop: TIF (LZW off) or EPS (Binary). No layered Photoshop files please. Convert RGB files to CMYK for color output (RGB images print grayscale); 300 DPI or greater.
- PDF: hi-res (300dpi) PDF files only. Please be sure the file is distilled as print quality. PDF files 5MB are acceptable by email. All others must be sent by CD or FTP.
- Unacceptable: Microsoft Word, Publisher and Corel Draw files are not accepted.
- Media: CD discs are acceptable.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please email your Advertising Representative a hard copy of the ad so we can match your digital file.)
Question: Please call 480-837-3688 if problems or questions.